Friday, May 20, 2011

Jeremiah 19-22

The Facts (Chapter number: Verse)

19:9 - "And I will make them eat the flesh of their sons and the flesh of their daughters, and all shall eat the flesh of their neighbors in the siege, and in the distress with which their enemies and those who seek their life afflict them."

20:14 - "Cursed be the day on which I was born! The day when my mother bore me, let it not be blessed!"
20:17 - "[Let my dad hear my cry] because he did not kill me in the womb; so my mother would have been my grave, and her womb forever great."

Jeremiah 21 - No mention of any women.

22:3 - "Thus says the Lord; Act with justice and righteousness, and deliver from the hand of the oppressor anyone who has been robbed. And do no wrong or violence to the alien, the orphan, and the widow, or shed innocent blood in this place."
22:18 - "Therefore thus says the Lord concerning King Jehoiakim son of Josiah of Judah: They shall not lament for him, saying, 'Alas, brother!' or 'Alas, sister!' They shall not lament for him, saying, 'Alas, lord!' or 'Alas, his majesty!'
22;23 - "O inhabitant of Lebanon, nested among the cedars, how you will groan when pangs come upon you, pain as of a woman in labor!"
22:26 - "I will hurl you and the mother who bore you into another country, where you were not born, and there you shall die."

My Comments

19:5 - "And gone on building the high places of Baal to burn their children in the fire as burnt offerings to Baal, which I did not command or decree, nor did it enter my mind."

I'll just leave that there for future reference to the hypocrisy that is the Biblical God.

Also, be sure to add cannibalism to the list of things God is totally okay with using as a punishment. Because, you know, making people eat each other (along with raping and slaughtering) is "just" and "righteous." But again, this really isn't anything new.

Seriously, this book is almost as horrible to read as Job was. If it's not waxing poetic about the torture and massacre of God's chosen people it's Jeremiah whining incessantly about how he is just so burdened with having to live among these horrid people and how he just wishes he was never born. Sounds like Jeremiah and a few other emotionally tortured dudes in the Bible should get together and start an emo band or something. I must say, though, I second his sentiments about wishing he wasn't born. If he wasn't born I wouldn't have to sit here and read this crap. -_-

Monday: More Jeremiah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone posting anonymously is very likely to not have their comment published. If you do not have a Google/Blogger account you can use the Name/URL option to attach a name to your comment. And remember to try and stay on topic. :)