Monday, October 11, 2010

1 Chronicles 9-15

The Facts (Chapter number: Verse)

9:35 - In Gideon lived the father of Gibeon, Jeiel, and the name of his wife was Maacah.

1 Chronicles 10 - No mention of any women.

1 Chronicles 11 - No mention of any women.

1 Chronicles 12 - No mention of any women.

1 Chronicles 13 - No mention of any women.

14:3 - David took more wives in Jerusalem, and David became the father of even more sons and daughters.

15:29 - As the ark of the covenant of the Lord came to the city of David, Michal daughter of Saul looked out of the window, and saw king David leaping and dancing; and she despised him in her heart.

My Comments

Well, I read far more than my normal amount of chapters in hopes that I may come upon something even vaguely interesting to talk about. And yet, 7 chapters and nothing interesting. That's about a weeks worth of reading right there. Maybe I'll start speeding up my reading if this is gonna be the case.

I mean, before I started this project I figured there weren't a lot of women in the Bible but really, this is a bit on the ridiculous side. This project is becoming easier and easier since women in the Bible are becoming scarcer and scarcer.

But Chronicles seems to be the flashback episode of the Old Testament, so even the reference to Michal is just a flash back to 2 Samuel 6. So that bit isn't even interesting since I've already written about it.

Guess we'll see how many chapters I end up doing for Wednesday.

Wednesday: 1 Chronicles ?-?

2 comments:

  1. I read all this long ago. I wondered why it is that almost everything I remember is either Genesis or New Testament. I remember why now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is kind of nice for the Bible to have a refresher book. Very considerate of it although for a while there I was like "I've read all this before! Why am I reading it again? It was boring the first time and it's really not any more interesting when it's stripped of all context and basic storytelling." Seriously. I feel like it's punishing me for reading it.

    And I still think it is amazing how the flash back episode concept apparently dates all the way back to BC.

    ReplyDelete

Anyone posting anonymously is very likely to not have their comment published. If you do not have a Google/Blogger account you can use the Name/URL option to attach a name to your comment. And remember to try and stay on topic. :)