Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Leviticus 5-10

The Facts (Chapter number: Verse)

5:6 - A sin offering for becoming unclean or touching something unclean or for uttering a rash oath is a female from the flock, either sheep or goat.

Exodus 6 - No mention of any women.

Exodus 7 - No mention of any women.

Exodus 8 - No mention of any women.

Exodus 9 - No mention of any women.

10:14 - Aaron's sons and daughters may eat in any clean place. (I'm not really sure what exactly is going on in this section, I think they are eating a sacrifice to atone for Aaron's sons making a displeasing fire for God.)

My Comments

I never realized how excessively boring this book is. I mean, I heard it was really boring, but I guess I thought there would at least be some ridiculous rules to poke at. So far there isn't even that. It;s just rules about sacrificing stuff, and I can only say so many times how the sacrifices are wasteful, seemingly unnecessary if God is the all mighty incorporeal being that he is supposed to be, and how occult/Satanic the rituals sound.

Yawn.

Tomorrow: Leviticus 11-15

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone posting anonymously is very likely to not have their comment published. If you do not have a Google/Blogger account you can use the Name/URL option to attach a name to your comment. And remember to try and stay on topic. :)