Friday, September 10, 2010

1 Kings 18-20

The Facts (Chapter number: Verse)

18:4 - Obadiah revered God greatly, for when Jezebel was killing off God's prophets, Obadiah took a hundred prophets and hid them in caves, also providing them with bread and water.
18:13 - Obadiah explains to Elijah how when Jezebel was killing God's prophets he hid 100 in caves and provided them with food and water.
18:19 - Elijah tells Ahab, "Now therefore have all Israel assemble at Mount Carmel, with the 450 prophets of Baal and the 400 prophets of Asherah, who eat at Jezebel's table."

19:1-3 - Ahab told Jezebel about all the things Elijah had done, and how Elijah had killed all the prophets with the sword. So Jezebel sent a messenger to Elijah saying, "So may the gods do to me, and more also, if I do not make your life like the life of one of them by this time tomorrow." Then Elijah was afraid and fled for his life.

20:3 - King Ben-hadad tells the king of Israel, "All your silver and gold are mine, your fairest wives and children also are mine."
20:5 - King Ben-hadad repeats his request for the king of Israel's silver and gold and wives and children.
20:7 - The king of Israel calls for the elders and said, "Look now! See how this man is seeking trouble; for he sent to me for my wives, my children, my silver and my gold; and I did not refuse him."

My Comments

Okay, my opinion, Jezebel sounds badass. I'm with her, some dude comes into my place and slaughters all my holy men I'd be out for blood too. Plus she apparently went around and single handedly killed many of God's prophets.

Sounds like it could make a total awesome HBO or Showtime drama. Better than another detective drama, anyways.

Of course even though she is completely badass and did all this of awesome stuff there's still nothing to talk right now because the Bible doesn't even go into what she did. No details, no nothing. Just an offhand comment that is part of another dudes story about how awesome he is. You'd think if someone was going around killing God's prophets that would warrant more than just a vague mention. I'd think there'd be an entire passage dedicated to it or something. But alas. Seems a good waste of a pretty cool sounding story.

Monday: 1 Kings 21-22

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone posting anonymously is very likely to not have their comment published. If you do not have a Google/Blogger account you can use the Name/URL option to attach a name to your comment. And remember to try and stay on topic. :)