Monday, February 7, 2011

Proverbs 23-27

The Facts (Chapter number: Verse)

23:22 - "Listen to your father who begot you, and do not despise your mother when she is old."
23:25 - "Let your father and mother be glad; let her who bore you rejoice."
23:27-28 - "For a prostitute is a deep pit; an adulteress a narrow well. She lies in wait like a robber and increases the number of the faithless."

Proverbs 24 - No mention of any women.

25:24 - "It is better to live in a corner of the housetop than in a house shared with a contentious wife."

Proverbs 26 - No mention of any women.

27:15-16 - "A continual dripping on a rainy day and a contentious woman are alike, to restrain her is to restrain the wind or to grasp oil in the right hand."
27:27 - "There will be enough goats' milk for your food, for the food of your household and nourishment for your servant girls."

My Comments

Well, since the Bible can't be bothered to come up with anything new, I won't bother either. It really is a time saver to just copy and paste something you've already said before. :)

"Geez. We ladies are just a constant source of grief for those poor men. It is apparently better to life on a corner of a roof or out in a desert than it is to have to even share a space with a woman who dares to disagree with you. I mean really? And I imagine the 'contentious' woman doesn't even have to be that disagreeable. She probably would be considered 'contentious' if she just dared to voice her opinion that may go slightly against her husband's plans." (from Proverbs 19-22)

And I don't feel like repeating my diatribes on the fuckery of the Bible's views on prostitutes and adulteresses so I'll again simply reiterate my previous thoughts and point towards my posts on Proverbs 6-7 and Proverbs 3-5.

Isn't it comforting to know that women can only either be extremely virtuous mothers or extremely soul destroying whores? I guess it's comforting, only having two choices on what I'm gonna do in life really takes a lot of the pressure off. Don't have to even think about being a doctor or a lawyer or whether or not I wanna go to grad school. Nope, instead it's pop out babies and be a quiet submissive to my husband or go out and send men to the pits of hell!

I'll let the wonderful webcomic Sinfest finish this one up. Love that comic. :)

Friday: 27-31

I'm excited for the next post. This will end Proverbs and chapter 31 is supposed to cover women's real roles in the family (or so I've heard). I've already done research on it so I can't wait to see what the Bible actually has to say on the matter. Should prove to be interesting to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone posting anonymously is very likely to not have their comment published. If you do not have a Google/Blogger account you can use the Name/URL option to attach a name to your comment. And remember to try and stay on topic. :)